What’s Your Recovery Plan?
Every business must be able to answer the following questions.
- How do we continue operations if one of our Servers is offline?
- Where is our Disaster Recovery Plan located?
- When last was our Disaster Recovery Plan Reviewed?
How we prepare for IT Disasters
It’s all about risk mitigation. We do all the grunt work for your business.
- We ensure correct backup procedures are in place.
- We provide more than one recovery option when designing your backup procedure.
- We ensure backups are regularly checked and maintained.
- We go through all the scenarios with you to ensure that you are aware of the risks.
- For our business and corporate clients we provide Managed IT Services which include backup monitoring.
It’s not set and forget.
Occasionally we are asked to implement a backup procedure but the client does not want backup monitoring.
When this occurs we always stress the importance of delegating a staff member to check the backups, and then having that person report back on a weekly basis.
Below are the following issues we have found with this practice.
- The staff member gets busy and forgets to check the notification email or login to the server to check.
- The staff member moves on and backup checks come to an end.
- The staff member is not IT.
- The staff member is IT and gives the business owner a false confidence that everything is being taken care of.
- No test restores are ever conducted.
We take Backup very seriously.
- Every morning a qualified CRT IT Support staff member logs in to our clients servers and checks the integrity of the backup.
- We check that the backup drives are getting rotated, or that the cloud sync is still in place.
- We conduct routine test restores.
- If a backup has failed we will fix it on the spot, and in some cases where possible, we will take a backup, especially of the critical data.
- We have 2 IT staff check all the backups, because 2 is better than 1. We want to be sure that nothing is missed.